What's not to love about a beautifully adorned Christmas tree? Making a paper chain garland is a breeze, plus they add a touch of whimsy and nostalgia to the tree without the need for more disposable plastic.
These garlands are a great project to do with young kids. In just a few minutes and few easy steps, a sheet of Wrappily will get you a sweet garland to decorate your tree or adorn your mantle. Our reversible patterns reward you with a little extra POP for your effort!
1) While the sheet is still folded, cut a .5 inch strip along the long side of the folded sheet. You'll be cutting through 8 layers of paper.
2) Pick up this cutting (11.5 x .5") and snip open the folds on each end. You'll now have 8 long thin strips.
3) Still holding these strips together, cut across the middle to make 16 shorter strips. You'll now have 16 strips that are .5 x 5.25".
4) To start the chain simply take one strip and bend it into a loop. Attach the ends with tape, staple or glue. We used a tiny piece of washi tape to ensure that our chain will be easily recyclable after the holiday.
5) Thread your next strip through the loop and affix as above. Repeat these steps until your paper chain garland is long enough for your needs.