About the Earth Day Design Contest
Calling all artists, illustrators, block printers, graphic designers, and more — you are invited to participate in our latest design challenge in honor of Earth Day. We can’t think of a better source of inspiration than nature, and Earth Day is an occasion dear to our eco-lovin’ hearts.
To participate, submit two coordinating patterns (a front and back to our reversible paper) that are inspired by nature. Your submission gets displayed on our website for all to see. Over and around Earth Day on April 22, the Wrappily community will vote on their favorite designs, determining the three winning sheets that will go to press. There is no fee to enter this contest, simply complete the entry form below and follow instructions to upload your files.
THE GOOD NEWS:
We want to have fun and do some good, so for every eligible submission Wrappily receives, we will donate $10 to the Ocean Conservancy, up to $2000, to support their work to ensure the health and productivity of our oceans.
Ocean Conservancy is a nonprofit organization mobilized by a mission "to keep oceans healthy, to keep us healthy." Their solutions-based work every day includes fighting for trash free seas and confronting oceanic threats, to supporting sustainable fisheries and promoting habitat restoration.
THE EVEN BETTER NEWS:
If your submission is chosen as the top crowd favorite, there’s rewards in it for you, too. The winning designer will be featured on our website, promoted throughout our social media channels, and receive a supply of their printed Wrappily sheet and a $150 check.
But, wait!, there’s more… Since we’re out to do some good, why not bring it home to a favorite local nonprofit that’s doing good in your community? For your winning sheet, Wrappily will donate 5% of online sales over the course of a whole year to the environmental charity of your choice. [It must be a registered NPO with an environmental mission. For help choosing, search your city/ state in this great list vetted by 1% For The Planet.]
TO ENTER THE 2017 EARTH DAY DESIGN CONTEST
Design theme: Ocean of Delight
Submission window: April 3-14
Public voting period: April 17-28
Winners announced: May 1
Eligible submissions must meet all of the following criteria:
Each design submission should include two coordinating patterns (a front and back to our reversible sheets).
- Contest is limited to three submissions per person.
- Designs must be original works created by the Entrants themselves.
- Patterns must represent original work pertaining to the design theme, ‘Nature Is My Muse.’
- Designs should be PC and PG. Anything deemed offensive or obscene will be removed.
- Files must be sized to 21” x 34”. Submit both patterns together in one PDF (one PDF per Entry).
- File names of your entry should include your first and last name.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to the contest terms and conditions.
- Wrappily reserves the right to select finalists for public voting.
- All submissions must be received by the contest deadline of April 13, 2016 at midnight PST.
Prizes – Each winning designer will receive:
- A $150 cash prize.
- $50 in Wrappily credit that may be used at Wrappily.com but cannot be redeemed for cash.
- A designer profile on wrappily.com/meetthedesigners.
- The opportunity to select their favorite environmental charity to receive 5% of online sales of their winning wrapping paper for one year. [It must be a registered NPO with an environmental mission. For help choosing, search your city/ state in this great list vetted by 1% For The Planet.]
Woot! Who's READY TO ENTER?
Take a peek at last year's contest here.
Wrappily was founded in 2013 as a solution to the 4 million tons of waste attributed to wrapping paper every year. Our paper is printed with soy-based inks on 100% recyclable and compostable newsprint sourced from the Pacific Northwest. In fact, at every juncture we look for ways to keep our supply chain as short as possible and carbon footprint to an absolute minimum. Even our packaging is certified biodegradable.