About the Earth Day Design Contest
To participate, submit two coordinating patterns (a front and back to our reversible paper) that are inspired by nature. Your submission gets displayed on our website for all to see. Over and around Earth Day on April 22, the Wrappily community will vote on their favorite designs, determining the three winning sheets that will go to press. There is no fee to enter this contest, simply complete the entry form below and follow instructions to upload your files.
THE GOOD NEWS:
The point of this contest is to have fun and do some good. For every eligible submission Wrappily receives, we will donate $10 to Kokua Hawaii Foundation (up to $2000), a nonprofit organization actively engaged in supporting and promoting environmental education in the schools and communities in our home state of Hawai'i.
Kokua Hawaii Foundation's solutions-based work provides students with experiences that will enhance their appreciation for and understanding of their environment so they will be lifelong stewards of the earth. Their hands-on learning activities work to engage students' senses to make lasting impression, Kokua Hawaii Foundation programs include field trip grants, school project grants, recycling programs, and the Plastic-Free Hawaii initiative.
THE EVEN BETTER NEWS:
If your submission is chosen as one of three top crowd favorites, there’s rewards in it for you, too. The winning designers will be featured on our website, promoted throughout our social media channels, and receive a supply of their printed Wrappily sheet and a $150 check.
TO ENTER THE 2018 EARTH DAY DESIGN CONTEST
Design theme: Nature: Through The Eyes Of A Child
Submission window: March 28 – April 11
Public voting period: April 13–25
Winners announced: April 30
Eligible submissions must meet all of the following criteria:
Each design submission should include two coordinating patterns (a front and back to our reversible sheets).
- Contest is limited to three submissions per artist.
- Designs must be original works created by the Entrants themselves.
- Patterns must represent original work pertaining to the design theme, ‘Nature: Through The Eyes Of A Child.’
- Designs should be PC and PG. Anything deemed offensive or obscene will be removed.
- Files must be sized to 21” x 34”. Submit both patterns together in one PDF (one PDF per Entry).
- File names of your entry should include your first and last name.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to the contest terms and conditions.
- Wrappily reserves the right to select finalists for public voting.
- All submissions must be received by the contest deadline of April 11, 2018 at midnight PST.
Prizes – Each winning designer will receive:
- A $150 cash prize.
- $50 in Wrappily credit that may be used at Wrappily.com but cannot be redeemed for cash.
- A designer profile on wrappily.com/meetthedesigners.
- Contest publicity and promotion
Are you READY TO ENTER?
Take a peek at last year's contest here.
Wrappily was founded in 2013 as a solution to the 4 million tons of waste attributed to wrapping paper every year. Our paper is printed with soy-based inks on 100% recyclable and compostable newsprint sourced from the Pacific Northwest. In fact, at every juncture we look for ways to keep our supply chain as short as possible and carbon footprint to an absolute minimum. Even our packaging is certified biodegradable.